WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
- visit our website located at www.rubinsinger.com, and any other websites, pages, features or content that links to this Notice (the “Sites”);
- use the Rubin Singer Mobile App
- otherwise engage our products or services that links to this Notice (collectively, the “Services”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect certain personal information about you and your use of our Services, including when you visit and interact with our Sites and Apps, or when you visit and make a purchase in our couture Atelier & affiliated retailers. Personal information is any information that relates to you, identifies you personally, or could be used to identify you. The personal information that we collect generally falls into three primary categories: (1) information you voluntarily provide to us (2) information we collect from you automatically; and (3) information we collect from third parties.
When You Interact with Our Sites and Apps
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. We, or service providers that assist us in providing, maintaining, and operating our Sites and Apps, may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Online Shopping. You may be able to browse and purchase Rubin Singer products through our Services. We may provide you some shopping features or functionality, such as the option to reserve items in your cart or favorite certain items. Utilizing such features are optional and often require the collection and use of information such as your shopping habits, product selections, and other tracking information. To process your purchase, we ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, and payment card information. We use this information to process your purchase, confirm your order, and deliver the items to you. We also may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions.
- If you purchase an item through our Services or ask us to deliver your purchase to someone else, we ask for the recipient’s name, postal address, and email address. We use this information to send the gift card or item to the recipient. If you ask us to do so, we also may use this information to notify the recipient of your gift before it arrives.
- Account Registration and Management: You may be able to register to create an account through our Services. To do so, we ask for information such as your name and email address. You also may provide your age and gender. Through the “My Account” feature, you can store billing and shipping information, so you will not have to enter it again when you make another purchase through our Services. You also can store credit card information and details of your past purchases. To use this feature, we ask you to provide your credit card information and the corresponding billing address.
- You can also use the “My Account” feature to create a wish list of products you want and share your list by email with friends and family. If you choose to share your list, we ask for your name and email address and the recipient’s email address. This information is used to email your list to your desired recipients pursuant to your request.
- You can create and save an address book on your account, you also can delete entries in the address book.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Promotions: You may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, and other promotions through our Services. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. We use the information you provide to administer our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We also may use the information to communicate with you about our products, services, and other promotions.
- Electronic Newsletters: You may be able to sign up through the Services to receive electronic newsletters and promotional emails from Rubin Singer, including new ideas, special offers and event information. To sign up, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, age, gender, shopping preferences and email preferences. We use this information to send you communications about our products and services, invitations to specials sales and events located near you, and notices of new arrivals. We also use this information to tailor our newsletters to reflect your preferences. You can choose at any time not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link within our marketing emails. You also may use the email preferences section of the “My Account” feature to opt out of receiving marketing emails or to specify which, if any, communications you would like to receive from us. There is no charge to you to unsubscribe.
- Mobile Marketing: You may be able to sign up to receive communications about our products and services through your mobile device by submitting your mobile telephone number online or by texting us. If you sign up for mobile communications, we may send you autodialed marketing text messages about our products, services and promotions. It is your responsibility to notify Rubin Singer in the event that you disconnect your mobile number or change carriers. For information about how you can opt out of receiving text message communications, please follow the instructions in the “Your Choices” section below.
- Email to a Friend: You may be able to share certain content from our Services with your friends. To send information to your friends, we ask for your friends’ and your email addresses. We do not retain the information you provide in connection with this feature, except to send the requested content. We will not include any other advertisements within the messages sent to your friends.
- Contact Us: If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link in any of the Services, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, ZIP code, and telephone number to respond to and communicate with you about your questions and comments.
- Other Site Features: We offer our Services to visitors using various features for their information and enjoyment, which we may change from time to time. We may ask you to submit certain personal information so we can provide you with these features and send you communications about our products, services, and promotions.
- Information We Automatically Collect. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, we may collect certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with our Sites and Apps. We may collect the following types of information automatically from you:
- Usage Data. When you browse our Sites, we automatically collect log data such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the date and time you access our servers, and other diagnostic data.
- Device Information. When you use your desktop or mobile devices to access our Sites and Apps, we may be able to identify your device’s unique device identifier, MAC address, operating system, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
- Location Information. When you use our Sites and Apps, we may infer the generic physical location and geographic regions of your device from your WiFi, Bluetooth and other device settings. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile or desktop device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- Aggregate and Analytic Data. We may also combine the information we collect among our Services and across your devices for analytic, security and fraud prevention purposes. For example, we use algorithms that analyze your account status and payment information to detect the unsafe and unsecured payment. We may also use analytic data to assess your account security and provide you suggestion for improvement. Information We Collect from Third Parties. From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third party sources as required or permitted by law. These sources may include:
- Social Media: We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites,
plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the third-party website, plug-in or application. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to personalize your experience on our Services and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide you with other products or services you may request.
- Social Media: We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites,
When You Visit Our Couture Atelier & Other retailers
Our products are available for sale in our couture showroom in many department stores and through other retailers. This Notice does not address the information practices of third-party stores in which our products are sold. Those stores may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review when you provide them with your personal information. We are not responsible for such stores’ personal information practices.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. Here are some of the ways we collect personal information from you in our Stores and a description of how we use the information:
- Shopping: When you buy products or obtain services in our Atelier, we ask you for information we need to process your purchase or provide you with the services you requested. Depending on the payment method you use, and as permitted by applicable law, we may ask for information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, driver’s license or ID number, passport number, and checking account information or payment card We also collect information about your purchase (such as the items you bought, the price of the items, the payment method you used, and if the product was on sale) to provide our products and services and communicate with you.
- Customer Registry: You may join our Customer Registry at our To join, we ask for your name, postal address, email address, and mobile and home telephone numbers. You also may choose to provide us with your birth date and gender. We use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, and for other marketing and Customer Assistance purposes.
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys: When you buy products or obtain services in our Atelier, we may ask you to complete a customer satisfaction In submitting a survey, you may provide information such as your name, email address, telephone number, age, gender, and other demographic information, in addition to your comments. Providing any of this information is optional. We use the information you provide to improve our products and services, and enhance your shopping experience.
- QR Codes: We use QR codes in connection with certain promotions, contests, and special events. If you scan our QR code, you will get an invitation on your mobile device to join our mailing list. To sign up, we ask you for information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, and We use the information to communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions.
- Customer Assistance: You may call our Customer Assistance line for information about our products or personal shopping If you do so, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and, if you choose to make a purchase, your payment card information. We use this information to respond to your request and process your transaction.
Information We Automatically Collect. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, we may collect certain types of personal information automatically when you visit our Atelier:
- CCTV: We may use closed-circuit television, video recordings, photography, and/ or similar technology to monitor our stores for security, fraud, loss prevention, incident reporting, and operational purposes. We may also collect and aggregate data from video recordings and photographs for a variety of purposes, including to track and analyze how individuals move through the store, analyze trends, make changes to the layout, and optimize visitor
- In-Store Wi-Fi Data Collection: In certain Stores, we use a service that analyzes Wi-Fi signals from mobile devices to measure Store occupancy and to identify customer traffic patterns in the Store. The service determines the location of a smartphone or wireless device by observing Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signals that are broadcast from that device. Individual devices are identified by device identifiers. For the service to collect information from your device, the device’s Wi-Fi must be turned on while you are in the The service provider that collects information from mobile devices in our Stores hashes the device identifiers before using them for analysis purposes. The service provider’s reports to us contain only aggregated statistics about visitors to the Store.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We obtain certain personal information by automated means when you visit our websites, such as through cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner includes the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our websites to our visitors and understand what products and services you might prefer. Both we and others (such as our service providers) may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites.
Certain pages on our websites and emails we send you contain “web beacons” (also known as internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs). Web beacons are used, for example, to obtain the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page. We also retain service providers who use web beacons to assess the effectiveness of our email communications and learn what pages our visitors viewed.
We use information collected through these automated means for purposes such as (a) customizing our users’ visits to our websites, (b) delivering content and advertisements tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites, and (c) managing our websites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
Analytics. We also may use third-party web analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics, to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and determine how visitors use our websites. These service providers’ tools, including cookies and web beacons, allow us to collect information such as the state and ZIP code from which our visitors come and the IP addresses of our visitors’ computers. To learn about data collected by Google Analytics and your choices with respect to these services, please click here and here.
We may collect information about your online activities on our websites to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites and apps on which our ads are served. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
You may see certain ads on other websites and apps because we work with advertising partners (including advertising networks) to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Our advertising partners allow us to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based, and contextual means. These partners track your online activities over time and across websites and apps by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on our websites and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. For example,
Managing Cookies. You have the right to decide whether to accept cookies. If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you may exercise your preference through our cookie preferences manager or by modifying your web browser setting to either refuse some or all cookies or notify you and ask for your permission when a website tries to set a cookie. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” menu in your browser or review the instructions provided by the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari Desktop, Safari Mobile; and Android browser. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use our Services, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected. If you want to exercise your rights regarding personal information collected via cookies and similar tracking technologies, please see below or the “Your Choices and Rights” section below.
Website Interest-Based Advertising. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest- based advertising generally in the U.S., please visit both www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available at http:// optout.aboutads.info/, or visit the NAI’s opt-out portal available at http:// optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. We utilize Netmining’s targeted advertising services to show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to our sites and other online activity. You can opt out of this feature by clicking here.
Mobile App Advertising: When you use our mobile application, we or our Third Party Marketing Partners may use one or more of several different identifiers for your mobile device, including Apple Identifier For Advertising (IDFA) or Android Advertising ID (AAID), to target and deliver ads to you in our app or other apps. This means that your device identifier may be accessed by third-party ad networks and used to (a) help manage the number and types of ads you see; (b) track the source of installs related to ads seen in other apps; and (c) identify your interests and behavior and target advertising to you based on those interests and behavior.
Apple requires app developers to ask for permission before they can track your activity across apps or websites they do not own in order to target advertising to you, measure your actions due to advertising, or to share your information with data brokers. If you previously gave our mobile app permission to track, you can tell our app to stop tracking your activity. On iOS or IPadOS, go to Settings, tap on our app, then tap to turn off Allow Tracking. You can also reset your IDFA from your mobile device’s settings page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to your previous IDFA. If you have an Android device, and are running Android 12 or above, you can delete your AAID permanently by opening Settings, navigating to Privacy > Ads, tapping “Delete advertising ID,” then tapping it again on the next page to confirm. This will prevent any app on your phone from accessing it in the future. Please note that if you do so, you will still see advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your inferred interests.
You may also access industry-provided opt-out tools, although they are not tailored to our mobile applications. For instance, to opt-out of data collection by the Digital Advertising Alliance’s participating member companies for interest-based advertising across mobile applications, download the DAA’s App Choices mobile application opt-out offering at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices appchoices.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as described in this Notice for business and commercial purposes, or as disclosed to you prior to such processing taking place. We may process your personal information:
- We will use your personal information to provide information or perform Services that you request, including managing your request as a registered user of our Sites and Apps, or a customer in-Store.
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance. Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your personal For example, we process your personal information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, and to manage risk as required under applicable law. Without processing your personal information for such purposes, we cannot perform the Services in accordance with our legal and regulatory requirements.
- To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms, Agreements and Policies. When you access or use our Services, you are bound to our Terms. To ensure you comply with them, we process your personal information by actively monitoring, investigating, preventing and mitigating any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services. Subject to the applicable law, we may also process your personal information to investigate, prevent or mitigate violations of our internal terms, agreements or policies and enforce our agreements with third parties and business partners.
- To Detect and Prevent Fraud and Security We may process your personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud and abusive use of our Service, monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information, enhance system security, and combat spam, malware, malicious activities or other security risks that might result in financial loss.
- To Provide Customer Support or Respond to We collect any information that you provide to us when you contact us. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
- To Provide You with Service-Related Communications. We will send you administrative or account-related information to keep you updated about your account and the Services. Such communications may include information about Notice updates, confirmations of your account actions or transactions, security updates or tips or other relevant transaction-related information. Service-related communications are not promotional in nature. You are not able to unsubscribe from such communications, otherwise you may miss important developments relating to your account or the Services.
- To Provide Marketing Communication (e.g., SMS, Email). We may collect your email address, phone number or other electronic addresses that you voluntarily provide to us when you choose to participate in our promoting activities or subscribe for marketing communications. When you no longer wish to receive these marketing messages from us, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within such messages. We may also collect and use your mobile advertising identifiers for the purpose of marketing Please see our Cookies and Other Similar Tracking Technologies section for more information.
- To Research and Develop of Our Services. We may process your personal information and derive analytical and statistical data to better understand the way you use and interact with our Services. For instance, analyzing where, on which types of devices and how our Site is used, how many visitors we receive, and where they click on the Site may help us improve our existing Services and to build new Services.
- To Personalize Your Experience. We may process your information to personalize your experience. By personalization, we enable you to interact with our Services more easily across platforms and devices. We also use it to remember you in case you re-visit our Site, so we will know if you have already been served with surveys, or (where Site content is undergoing testing) which version of the content you were served.
- To Facilitate Corporate Acquisitions, Mergers and We may process any information regarding your account and your use of our Services as is necessary in the context of corporate acquisitions, mergers or other corporate transactions.
- With Your For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide the services or other related services requested, with your permission or upon your direction.
We may also aggregate or de-identify any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated or de-identified information for our own business purposes without restriction.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, share, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to those detailed in this Policy. To that end, we will take reasonable precautions to allow access to your Personal Information to only our employees, agents, contractors, or similar entities to the extent necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may share your Personal Information in the following ways.
- Affiliated We may share the personal information you provide to us with our affiliates worldwide, licensees, and joint venture partners for the purposes described in this Notice.
- Service We also may share the information with our service providers, vendors, and contractors who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- With Our Third-Party Marketing We may share your information with our marketing service providers to provide targeted advertising services.
- As Necessary to Comply with Our Legal Obligations. We also may disclose information about you (a) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (b) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (c) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal
As Part of a Corporate Transaction. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. By engaging with us or using our Services, you understand and agree to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 16 on our Services, we will delete the information from our records.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Communication Preferences. We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section at the end of this Notice. Where provided by law, you may withdraw your consent previously provided to us, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
- Marketing Communications. You can choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, select “Click to Unsubscribe” from your profile after signing into your account, or by contacting us as specified in the How to Contact Us section Please include your name, email address and postal address if you send us your request by email or postal mail.
- Text/SMS Communications. In the U.S., you may opt out of receiving text message communications on your mobile device by sending a text message with the word “STOP” to the short code in which you received the message. You will receive one additional text message, confirming that your request has been Rubin Singer does not charge you to unsubscribe. Depending on the terms of your mobile phone contract, you may incur charges for receiving and sending text messages on your mobile device. Rubin Singer is not responsible for these charges. Message frequency varies per month. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Autodialed marketing messages will be sent to the mobile number you provide at opt-in. Message and data rates may apply. For help, text HELP to the short code in which you received the message. The wireless carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Your Privacy Rights. Depending on applicable law where you reside or are located, you may be able to assert certain rights identified below with respect to your Personal Information. If any of the rights listed below are not provided to you under the law that governs the processing of your Personal Information, we have absolute discretion in providing you with those rights. Please refer to the “What Rights Apply” section to determine the rights you have in your jurisdiction.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are not absolute. Depending upon the applicable law, access to your rights under the applicable law may be denied: (a) when denial of the request is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting the request would have a negative impact on another’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; (d) where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons.
- Right to Know/Access. You may have the right to obtain a copy, or a list of categories of the personal information that we hold about you, as well as other supplementary information, such as the purposes of processing, and the entities to whom we disclose your personal information.
- Right to Correct. You may have the right to correct any of your Personal Information in our records and You may request us to rectify, correct or update any of your personal information held by us that is inaccurate.
- Right to Delete. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you. This right is not absolute, and we may refuse your right to delete if it is reasonably necessary for us to provide a service requested by you; to perform a contract between us; to maintain functionality and ensure security of our systems; to enable solely expected internal uses of your personal information; to exercise a right provided by law; or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Portability. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format so that you can provide that personal information to another
- Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
- Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Information. If you are a California resident, to the extent your sensitive personal information (as that term is defined under California privacy law) is used to infer characteristic about you, you have the right to direct us to stop such processing of your sensitive personal information for such purposes. We do not process any sensitive personal information to infer characteristics about you without your
- Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making. You may have the right not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing (where a decision is taken about you using an electronic system without human involvement) which significantly impacts your rights. No decision will be made by us about you solely on the basis of automated decision making which has a significant impact on you.
- Right to Appeal. In certain jurisdictions, you may have the right to appeal if we refuse to take action on your rights request. Instructions on how to appeal will be provided to you upon such a denial, but in any event, such instructions will be substantially similar to those provided below for submitting requests.
- Shine the Light. If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us for a notice describing what, if any, categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties’ or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of personal information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such personal
As noted above, depending on where you reside or are located at the time your personal information is collected, you may be able to assert certain rights with respect to your personal information. To determine which rights you have, please refer to the table below that references the rights as described above. U.S. States not listed either do not have a law providing such rights, or it does not apply to our operations.
State of Residence
(a) Right to Know/Access; (b) Right to Correct; (c) Right to Delete; (d) Right to Portability (e) Right to Opt-Out of Sale; (f) Right to Opt-Out of Sharing for Targeted Advertising; (g) Right Against Discrimination; (h) Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information (if applicable); (k) Shine the Light; and (i) Right to Opt-Out of Automated Decision-making or Profiling (upon issuance of regulations by the California Privacy Protection Agency).
(a) Right to Know/Access; (b) Right to Correct; (c) Right
to Delete; (d) Right to Portability (e) Right to Opt-Out of
Sale; (f) Right to Opt-Out of Sharing for Targeted
July 1, 2023)
Advertising; (g) Right Against Discrimination; (i) Right to
Opt-Out of Automated Decision-making or Profiling; and
(j) Right to Appeal.
Submitting a Request to Exercise Your Rights
Except as provided in the paragraph below, you may exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com, or by using the following button:
If you are a California resident, you may also exercise your right to access, correction and deletion by calling us at (212) 226-5880. In your request, please make clear which right you would like to exercise. Before fulfilling your request, we are required by law to have you to verify the personal information we already have on file to confirm your identity. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. If you use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf, we will require you to directly verify your identity with us, or have you directly confirm with us that the authorized agent has been authorized to act on your behalf.
To the extent the applicable law provides you with the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising, you may exercise your right to opt-out by clicking here or by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” in the footer, or below, and switch the toggle to “OFF” under the “Sale of Personal Information through Cookies” tab.
Do Not Sell My Info
Please note, you will need to submit a separate opt-out of sharing request on each device and browser you use to visit our Sites to completely opt-out of having your information shared for targeted advertising purposes. For information about how to opt- out of sharing or selling on our Apps, please see the Mobile App Advertising section, in Section 2 of this Notice. Please note that you may still receive generalized ads after opting out of targeted advertising.
California residents may also opt-out of sharing and sales by using an opt-out preference signal for each participating browser system that you use. The Global Privacy Control signal is currently the only opt-out preference signal we can recognize. You can visit the Global Privacy Control official site at https://globalprivacycontrol.org/ #about to learn how to configure your device to send such signals. We will honor and process the opt-out preference signal in a frictionless manner. Please note that the opt- out choice will only apply to your use of our Sites through the current browser or device you are using and only so long as that browser’s cookies are not erased. You will need to submit a separate opt-out of sharing request on each device and browser you use to visit our Sites to completely opt-out using this method. Please note that you may still receive generalized ads after opting out of targeted advertising.
ADDITIONAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In the preceding 12 months, depending how you interact with our Services, we may have collect the following categories of personal information (as defined under Cal. Civ. Code §1798.140(v)(1)):
- Identifiers, such as your name, shipping and billing address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, driver’s license or ID number, passport number, or similar
- Characteristics protected under state and federal law, such as your age, gender and other demographic information.
- Commercial information, such as your purchase history, transaction records, payment information, wish list, customer appreciation program participation,
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and information about your visit, including your browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click- stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, and system configuration
- Audio or Visual information, such as your video recording through our Stores’ CCTV
- Geolocation data, such as geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above, such as your shopping preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
For more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to Section 1 above, “Personal Information We Collect.”
For more information about the business purposes for which we collect your personal information, please refer to Section 3 above, “How We Use Your Personal Information.” To learn the categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information, please refer to Section 4 above, “Sharing Your Personal Information.”
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Rubin Singer. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Rubin Singer, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail us at
Attention: PRIVACY: Rubin Singer Website
230 W 39th Street 6th floor,
NY NY 10018.